Children achieved the following additional results that were not expected at the beginning of the project, and which are indicated by observations.
1st PIVOT PROJECT - Preschoolers Group „BUTTERFLIES“
Children group age 6; Project start date – February, 2014; Duration 90 days
1st achivement – Teamwork
- Children referred to each other in the team for problem-solving, and thought carefully about which children would be able to help them with a specific problem.
- They were not focused on educators – the educator is no longer the central figure of the team.
- They helped each other with tasks.
- They respected the right to a second opinion.
2nd achivement - Analysis of the problem, and thinking ahead
- Different tasks required a new kind of thinking.
3rd achievement - Writing skills
- 30% of children began writing within 15 days of using the program.
- Other children have improved their reading and writing skills.
4th achievement - Computer skills
- When comparing the same task on paper and on a computer, there was a better resolution on the computer. Certain children are much more receptive to computers, and are able to use them to solve tasks.
- The combined use of computers and other means has been particularly effective. For example, with regard to a task concerning flags and locations, the children first set about playing with flags. They then located each country on the map, and then dealt with the relative task on the computer.
5th achievement - Humor
- On average, the girls developed a liking for a certain type of humor, most similar to Charlie Chaplin gags, for example, 'Just for Laughs,' 'Mr. Bean,' 'Masha and the Bear' and 'Purple and Green,' ie. This included an introduction to the classics of humorous and amusing cartoons.
6th achievement - Introducing new technology
- The children spent time getting to know the latest technological inventions and experiments in the field of robotics, by watching video clips from the robotic park in Nantes.
- They also got to see a funny side of new technology, with gadgets deployed in real life.
7th achievement - Math and Logic
- The games sequencing and tasks that involve matching characters are particularly useful for boys, whose progress has been definite. All the boys who previously showed problems in the accumulation and pairing concepts mastered them during the pilot project.
8th achievement - Controlled multimedia environment
- Games and video clips are used in a controlled environment where there is less possibility of aimless time loss on games, content and commercials. Games and video clips are thematically organized by the interests of children, including their talents and learning styles. The educator determined the games and periodically controlled the way in which they were used.
Results of the project for educators:
- Creating a new center of activity that is autonomous, with applications that are proven to help pre-school programs of learning.
2nd PIVOT PROJECT - Kinderagrtens group „KITTENS“
Children group age 3 - 4; Project start date – November, 2015; Duration 45 days
1st achivement – Feelings
- 12 children recognized and described emotions of happiness, sadness, anger and fear.
2nd achivement – Counting to 10
- 11 children count to 10
- 4 children count to 5
- 3 children pronounced random numbers
3rd achivement – Colours
- 10 children recognized and pointed out colors correctly
- 6 children pointed out what color it was without mistake